Please take a moment to register with Catholic Campus Ministry:
Like us on Facebook!
Current Campus Ministry Brochure: Spring2017CampusMinistryBrochureB
Michael Maher is the campus minister to IIT, ICO, Shimer, and VanderCook.
(312) 842-1919 X212, gro.h1493374032sabaw1493374032semaj1493374032ts@re1493374032hamm1493374032
Special Events 2016-2017
- Wed Aug 24, 7pm: Welcome Mass and cookout at the Godbox CampusMinistryFlyerFall2016WelcomeCookouts
- Sun Aug 28, 11:30am: Welcome Mass and cookout at the parish CampusMinistryFlyerFall2016WelcomeCookouts
- Sat Aug 27, 9:30am-3pm: “Nourished by the Body and Blood: Day of Reflection on the Spirituality of the Mass.” Everyone is welcome, especially those serving in a liturgical ministry at Mass. Liturgical Day of Prayer - flyer 2016
- Tue Aug 30, 7-9pm: Grad Student & Young Adult Wine & Cheese Social at the rectory with brief prayer at 8:15pm. Open to faculty, staff, & other adults in their 20s & 30s. GradYoungAdultCampusMinistryFallWineAndCheese2016Flyer
- Tues Sept 6: Discussions with Dr. Ruiz begin. CatholicTopicsPacoRuizFall2016Poster
- Wed Sept 7, 8pm, Godbox: Election Issues: Pro-Life Discussion
- Thurs Sept 8 & Sun Sept 11: Chinese Bible Sharing begins. ChineseStudentWelcomeFall2016Handout
- Sun Sept 11: CCM Student Org meeting and lunch after the 11:3oam Mass. CampusMinistryMeetingsFlyerFall2016
- Sat Sept 17: General Student Retreat at the Indiana Dunes. Fall2016StudentRetreatRegistration
- Sat Oct 1: Graduate Student and Young Adult Retreat at the Indiana Dunes. Fall2016GradStudentYoungAdultRetreatRegistration
- Sun Oct 2: BRING A FRIEND TO MASS SUNDAY bringafriendtomassflyer2oct2016
- Sun Oct 2: CCM Student Org meeting and lunch after the 11:3oam Mass. CampusMinistryMeetingsFlyerFall2016
- Wed Oct 12, 8pm Godbox: Election Issues: Immigrant Justice
- Sun Oct 16, 1pm-3pm: OKTOBERFEST AT ST. JAMES! oktoberfest-flyer-2016
- Sun Oct 16: First RCIA/Confirmation session. fall2016_rcia_confirmationinfobrochurec
- Sat Oct 22, 1pm: Women's Volleyball Shampoo Drive womenssoccervolleyballflyer22oct2016
- Sat Oct 22, 2pm: Women's Soccer Shampoo Drive womenssoccervolleyballflyer22oct2016
- Thurs Oct 27: Scary Movie & Pizza Night for Young Adults and Grad Students
- Sat Oct 29: Fall Parishioner Retreat--students welcome!
- Mon Oct 31: Fr. John's Three-week "Bible 101" class starts
- Tue Nov 1, 12:50pm, Godbox: Mass for the Feast of All Saints. allsaintsmass2016posterparish
- Sun Nov 13: CCM Student Org meeting and lunch after the 11:3oam Mass. CampusMinistryMeetingsFlyerFall2016
- Sun Nov 20: Blessing graduates at both Masses
- Sun, Nov 20: Thanksgiving Dinner for the Homeless--volunteers needed!
- Mon Nov 28, 7pm: Women's Basketball Toothpaste Drive womensbasketballflyer28nov2016
- Sat Dec 3, 1pm, Swimming & Diving Toothpaste Drive swimmingflyer3dec2016 swimmingbasketballflyer3dec2016
- Sat Dec 3, 3pm: Men's Basketball Deodorant Drive mensbasketballflyer3dec2016 swimmingbasketballflyer3dec2016
- Sat Dec 3, 6:30-8:30pm: Tree-Trimming Party at the Rectory.
- Sun Dec 14: Celebration after both Masses of the Feast of St. Francis Xavier, Missionary to Asia CampusMinistry4Dec2016FrancusXavierFeastFlyer
- Wed Jan 11 7pm, Welcome Mass and Pizza CampusMinistrySpring2017WelcomePizza
- Sat Jan 14: Bishop Perry luncheon, "A Catholic Perspective on Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King's Contribution to Social Justice." MLK Event 2017 Registration
- Sun Jan 22: Celebration at both Masses of the Feast of St. Sebastian, patron of athletes BlessingofAthletes22January2017Flyer
- Sun Jan 22: Welcome Pizza CampusMinistrySpring2017WelcomePizza
- Thur Jan 26, 7-9pm: Grad Student & Young Adult Wine & Cheese Social at the rectory with brief prayer at 8:15pm. Open to faculty, staff, & other adults in their 20s & 30s. GradYoungAdultCampusMinistryFallWineAndCheeseSpring2017Flyer
- Tues Feb 7, 7:30pm Men's Volleyball Deodorant Drive MensVolleyballFlyer7Feb2017
- Sun Feb 12, 10:30am (only ONE Mass that day): African-American Heritage Mass and Luncheon
- Wed March 1: Ash Wednesday: 8am prayer service at ICO (for ICO staff and students only), 12:50pm Mass at the Godbox, 6:30pm Mass at St. James, 7pm prayer service at the Godbox Spring2017AshWednesdayFlyerICO
- Sat March 4: Lenten Parishioner Retreat--students welcome!LentenParishRetreat2017Flyer
- Wed March 8, 7pm: Lenten Reconciliation Service at the Godbox LentenCampusReconciliationService8March2017Flyer
- Sat March 25: Student Lenten Retreat StudentYoungAdultLentenDayOfReflection2017RegistrationA
- Thurs Apr 13: Holy Thursday Bike Pilgrimage after Mass
- Sun Apr 23: Blessing graduates at both Masses
- Wed Apr 26, 3pm, Mens Baseball Deodorant Drive MensBaseballFlyer26April2017
Sunday Masses are in the Parish Hall at 29th and Wabash at 9:30am & 11:30am. There’s also a brief Mass every Monday through Friday at 7:30am in the rectory. We really like having students serve as readers, Eucharistic ministers, and altar servers on Sunday. Please consider serving in one of these ministries and indicate your interest on the student registration form.
Wednesday Evening Prayer at 7pm when IIT is in Session
All are welcome to these student-led candlelight brief prayer sessions at the “God Box” on the IIT Campus.
Graduate Students and Young Adults in their 20s and 30s
Looking for something a little different from the usual campus ministry activities? We will have a couple wine-and-cheese socials, and a single-day retreat specifically for graduate students and young adults. You can also join in the parish retreats Oct 29 & March 4.
Each Fall and each Lent, we hold a single-day retreat for college students. We also offer two single-day retreats for parishioners, and college students are welcome to join that. These are great ways to nourish your spirituality and to become more a part of the St. James Community.
Our students tutor at De LaSalle High School, help in our food pantry, visit our elderly parishioners, and help with Sunday School. You don’t need to be Catholic to volunteer with us!
Bible Studies with Fr. John Edmunds, S.T.
Fr. John three-week Bible Studies on Mondays throughout the year. There are two "sections" to pick from, 1pm-2:30pm or 7pm-8:30pm. The classes are held in the rectory.
Discussions with Dr. Paco Ruiz
Each semester, engineering professor Dr. Ruiz conducts a lunch hour discussion of Catholic topics. This will be on Tuesdays, 12:50-1:45pm in room 705 of the MTCC. Sessions will be held Sept 6 to Nov 29, 2016, and Jan 24 to Apr 25, 2017. Bring your lunch and join the discussion.
Become Active in the CCM Student Organization!
Catholic Campus Ministry is not just a ministry of St. James Church. It's also a recognized student organization at IIT/Shimer/VanderCook. We have monthly meetings on Sundays, along with a complimentary lunch, following the 11:30am Mass. This is a great way to get to know other Catholic students and to have a voice in the kinds of programs we offer. Spring 2017 meetings will be Jan 22, Feb 19, Mar 5, & Apr 2. Please join us!
Adult Confirmation Classes and RCIA
Are you a Catholic who never received the Sacrament of Confirmation? Are you a Catholic who has been away from the Church and would like to reconnect? Are you interested in becoming a Catholic? The sessions run October 16 through April, 10:45-11:45am on Sundays.
Welcome Chinese Students!
Welcome Chinese Students! If you would like to learn about the Bible and make friends, we have a Chinese Bible sharing group meeting on IIT’s campus on Thursdays 12:50-1:45pm in 706 MTCC. You can bring your lunch. Saint Therese Church in Chinatown has a monthly social gathering for Chinese university students from all over the City.
Eucharistic Adoration on First Fridays of the month in the Parish Hall 7pm to 10pm
Spend time in quiet reflection with our Lord, present in the Eucharist. Confession is available 7:30-8:30pm. Benediction is at 10pm.
GO HAWKS! IIT Athletics and the St James Food Pantry
The teams at IIT host drives for toiletries once a year. These are given to the homeless and needy clients of St. James Food Pantry. This is a need that is often forgotten, and food stamps cannot be used to buy toiletries. Please support the student athletes by coming to their games, and please support the needy by donating items.