Registration Deadline for Journey to African-American History & Culture Museum
Join Fr. John Edmunds, S.T. Pastor of St. James Wabash, on a Journey to Washington & the National Museum of African-American History & Culture!
• Airfare roundtrip Chicago-Washington DC, Saturday 5 August to Tuesday 8 August
• Shared rooms at a 4-star hotel near the Washington Mall
• Visit to the National Museum of African-American History and Culture 3pm-5:30pm on Mon 7 Aug 2017
• Mass at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, followed by a tour
• Evening walk to the Lincoln Memorial and reflection pond (weather permitting)
• Free time to explore the many free museums of Washington
Deadline is July 1. There are ONLY 16 spots available.
To register, contact: moc.s1498708246yenru1498708246oJreh1498708246potsi1498708246rhCtn1498708246iaS@r1498708246ehaMM1498708246, 773-678-7935
St James DC Aug 2017 Flyer
For 16 July 2017 Chicago Half-Marathon, you can easily get to St. James from 29th and State. Lake Shore Drive will be closed from the river to 31st, so best to use I-90/I-94. If you are east of Michigan and north of 31st, take King Drive north from 25th to 24th Place west (sort of getting on and off I-55 very briefly), and then down State Street. A map is here:
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Adults in their 20s and 30s and graduate students are invited to a wine and cheese social in the rectory starting at 7pm. We will have a brief evening prayer at 8:30pm.
9:30am - 8:30pm
Need a retreat from Chicago? Try the Catholic Campus Ministry Grad Student & Young Adult Retreat at the Indiana Dunes. Staff & Faculty in Their 20’s & 30’s Welcome!
9:30am depart MTCC, return 8:30pm.
$10, includes lunch & dinner.
Sun Sept 3 registration deadline.